Celebrate the holidays at sea with Mickey and friends aboard one of Disney Cruise Line’s Very Merrytime Cruises. These specially themed cruises are a magical way to celebrate the most wonderful time of year. Beginning in November, each Disney Cruise Line ship will be transformed into a winter wonderland filled with holiday-themed entertainment, activities, and décor including a life-sized gingerbread house, a 24-foot tall Christmas tree, garlands, poinsettias, and sparkling lights. Disney’s private island, Castaway Cay, will join in the festivities with snow flurries, a Christmas tree, and Mr. & Mrs. Snowman dressed in their island attire. Holiday festivities will include:
- Deck The Deck Tropical Holiday Party – Share in the magic of the season with this yuletide party which will feature candy-cane limbo, dancing, and games.
- Mickey’s Tree Lighting Magic Ceremony – Kick off the holiday season with this festive occasion as children help Mickey light the ship’s Christmas tree.
- Winter Wonderland Ball – Welcome guests of honor, Mr. & Mrs. Claus, with a grand celebration featuring Broadway-style entertainment, classic holiday tunes, and favorite Disney characters.
- Santa Claus Meet & Greet – Share hugs and pose for a photograph with Santa before he takes flight to deliver gifts to children around the world.
- Disney Character Greetings – Disney Cruise Line offers so many opportunities to meet many of your favorite characters. This experience was one of the highlights of my most recent Disney Cruise. As part of the Very Merrytime Cruises, you’ll meet characters dressed in their holiday attire.
- Youth Parties – Teens and tweens can party with new friends during music and dance extravaganzas which fill the air with Christmas joy.
- Storytime with Mrs. Claus – Gather in the ship’s atrium to listen to Mrs. Claus read well-known Christmas stories from her rocking chair next to the Christmas tree.
- Themed Activities & Crafts for Kids – Decorate stockings, create Christmas cards, take part in a holiday scavenger hunt, and more. Holiday themed activities will provide Christmas cheer for the young and young-at-heart.
- Gingerbread House* – The ship’s life-sized gingerbread house is an entirely edible creation. Though you won’t be able to eat the 24-foot tall gingerbread house, you will have the opportunity to make your own gingerbread creation.
- Holiday Merchandise – Very Merrytime Cruises will offer the opportunity to purchase exclusive holiday themed mercandise not available anywhere else.
On December 24th & 25th, enjoy additional holiday activities including:
- Cookies on Christmas Eve
- Special holiday towel animals
- Special holiday surprise
- Holiday caroling with the kids and crew
- Religious services
2017 Sail Dates
Disney Magic: November 11 – December 24
Disney Wonder: November 10 – December 22
Disney Dream: November 10 – December 22
Disney Fantasy: November 11 – December 23
2018 Sail Dates
Disney Magic: November 10 – December 23
Disney Wonder: November 2 – December 21
Disney Dream: November 2 – December 21
Disney Fantasy: November 10 – December 22
Celebrating the holidays with a Very Merrytime Cruise is a wonderful way to spend quality time with family while creating magical Christmas memories as you sail from one spectacular port to the next.
Holiday offerings and activities are subject to change and may vary by ship and itinerary. Please note the life-sized gingerbread house will be constructed in November and will not be available on early November sailings. It should be completed and ready for viewing in the last week of November.